We’re looking for a Director of Operations, Project and Planning to help build our next generation social mobile platform for clean beauty and personal care products.
All of our developers are full stack and get exposed to all aspects of the business and a myriad of cutting-edge technologies. You get to have a big impact on a meaningful startup that is empowering consumers to choose the safest products for their health and the environment.
Think Dirty® is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. We educate consumers about potentially toxic ingredients and empowers consumers to make the safest and healthiest choices. Encourage them to vote with their money for the most socially and environmentally responsible manufacturers.
Think Dirty is App of the Day in App Store and the winner of Mastercard Women Entrepreneurship Competition, a DMZ alumni company, it’s also named 50 Most Innovative Workplace in 2019 and recognized as one of Top 8 SheEO Ventures. Think Dirty was named the best beauty apps by Refinery29 and Brit+ Co. It was also featured on O Magazine, Fast Company, NPR, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Today’s Show and Consumer’s Report.
We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals like you to join a great cause for consumers and beauty enthusiasts alike. Would that be you?
Reporting directly to the CEO, the incumbent provides direction and guidance to drive efficiencies and operational effectiveness in all facets of the business. This position will continue to play a significant role to operationalize the key strategies for the Business Units as well as provide operational support on key projects. The Director, Operations, Projects and Planning will support the development of all platforms (iOS, Android, Web, Shopify App), internal and external marketing projects of Think Dirty app. as needed with guidance and input from the development team, marketing team and CEO.
As Director of Operations, Projects and Planning, you oversee schedule and planning, collaborate closely with engineering, QA, design, marketing, e-commerce, chemistry team and other relevant stakeholders to define the vision, strategy & roadmap for these core product and marketing campaigns. Reporting directly to the CEO, you work with all internal and external stakeholders to help enable & accelerate their respective roadmaps by using our platform to create leverage and liaison with the marketing and social media team to ensure brand partners receive value from using our B2B and B2C platforms.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with CEO, CTO, engineers, marketing team, e-commerce and chemistry team to define the vision, strategy and roadmap for Think Dirty’s apps and website: objectives are to grow users and brand partnerships.
- Proactively identify and implement best practices
- Ensure consistency in overarching processes and systems
- Co-ordinate Projects, Processes, Presentations and Reports
- Identified and implemented continuous improvement programs that will result in operational efficiencies and realized annual cost savings. Ensures the implementation of operational best practices.
- Mentor project manager and junior marketing team to excel at their roles
- Monitors, develops and implements operational standards to ensure policies, procedures and practices respond to changing conditions in the marketplace and improve efficiency and competency.
- Align priorities and roadmaps across all product offerings and product teams to ensure we’re moving in lock step against our biggest business priorities.
- Ensure development and design are held accountable to the priorities they set out at each sprint planning, product should be shipping per 52-week development cycle plan layout annually. Quarterly release schedules should be honoured to move our business objectives forward.
- Creating a more inclusive and supportive team culture that fosters collaboration and open communications.
- Apply past project management experience from corporate and agencies to lead the best practice for our company.
- Set weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual development and marketing milestones with the CEO and ensure they are delivered on-time and on budget.
- Collaborate with peer leaders across Eng, Design, Operations, Legal and more to evolve the way our teams work together.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of Project Management Experience
- Experience managing multiple products simultaneously
- Proven ability to strike an effective balance between business and user needs
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and to work across multiple lines of business
- Possess technical knowhow, comfortable working closely with engineers to ensure our platform & architecture vision are highly aligned.
- Experience working closely with senior executives to ensure product strategy & business objectives are aligned.
- Experience managing and overseeing complex vendor relationships with lots of moving parts.
- A passion for meaningful business focuses on health, beauty and women’s health.
- A strong desire to work side by side with small medium sized brand owners to grow their businesses, create delighted user experiences for app uers.
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic leader comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders, making sure every voice is heard.
- An excellent communicator that can get multiple perspectives to build consensus and achieve team project goals.
- Believer of non-violent communications practice at the workplace.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Resume
- Your LinkedIn Profile
- Your plum.io job seeker profile
- One sentence to describe who you are
- 50 words on why you want to work for us